Monday, March 16, 2009

Z-Kid Favorites

Hi-ho!  Z-Dad here.  A couple weeks ago my computer broke, and since I'm an illustrator and we are therefore living off starving-artist-income, it's taking me some time to acquire all the items necessary for work (and Bookie Woogie) to get back up and running again.  But rather than skip a week of Bookie Woogie, I thought I'd raid the Z-Kids' other blog Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty for some children's-book-related posts.  So instead of a single review resting here all week long, check back every day for seven, count 'em, seven fun posts!


Through dedicated scouring of inexpensive avenues, we're fortunate to have right around 3000 children's books at home.  Last year I asked the kids what their absolute favorite books were out of the whole collection.  These pictures were based on their choices:


The Horned King from "The Book of Three" by Lloyd Alexander
by Isaac, at age 9

Dad has to say, I think Isaac's design here is the best imagining of the Horned King I have EVER seen!  Way cool!



Tribute to "Babymouse" by Jennifer & Matthew Holm
by Gracie at age 7

Gracie's picture depicts Babymouse approaching her homework-eating locker.  (I'm SURE we'll be seeing a Babymouse review here on Bookie Woogie sometime soon...)



Tribute to "Oink Oink" by Arthur Geisert
by Lily at age 5

Piglets falling from the sky into a cornfield...

4 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

Three books that I've never read! I'm gonna have to check those out.

Great drawings, as always.

:-)

Steve Brezenoff said...

Yay! The Book of Three is without question the book that got me hooked on reading. It's still one of my favorites.

Carrie said...

This week is going to be awesome!

Kelly H-Y said...

Always great recommendations and pictures! Good luck with the computer equipment!