Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Great Books of 2012!


Looking for the best picture-filled books of 2012?  Here are our favorites!  The tip of the top, the cream of the crop:

Summer Days and Nights
by Wong Herbert Yee

It's a Tiger!
by David LaRochelle and Jeremy Tankard

Night Knight
by Owen Davey

Black Dog
by Levi Pinfold

A Leaf Can Be
by Laura Purdie Salas and Violeta Dabija

More
by IC Springman and Brian Lies

This is Not my Hat
by Jon Klassen

The Christmas Quiet Book
by Deborah Underwood and Renata Liwska

The Monster Returns
by Peter McCarty

Bird & Squirrel on the Run
by James Burks

One Special Day
by Lola M Schaefer and Jessica Meserve

Chloe
by Peter McCarty

Falcon
by Tim Jessell

Chloe and the Lion
by Mac Barnett and Adam Rex

The Day Louis Got Eaten
by John Fardell

One Dead Spy
by Nathan Hale

Hanging off Jefferson's Nose
by Tina Nichols Coury and Sally Wern Comport

Fangbone
by Michael Rex

20 comments:

laurasalas said...

Hey, thanks! I'm proud to have LEAF CAN BE... on your favorites list!

Sandy said...

Thanks so much for the list.. I'm
always buying my grandkids books!
Happy New Year
Sandy

Unknown said...

These are all new to me! Thank you for adding to my reading list.

Along These Lines ... said...

So many good books for kids today, wish mine were still young!

carol l mckenna said...

I love children's books even as an adult ~ Wonderful selection! Great post.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I will have to pick up some of these for the grandkids!

Anonymous said...

This makes me wish I had little ones at home again!

Naperville Now said...

great list -- that's not my hat I read in St. Louis awhile back. delightful.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

great idea's!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Thanks for the list.I have lost track of the latest reads since I retired from the classroom. I need to pick up some of these for the grand kids.

signed...bkm said...

thanks for sharing...always good to have good books recommended...blessings..bkm

David LaRochelle said...

I am honored to have IT'S A TIGER! on your list...with such great other titles. Thank you!

Playing by the book said...

Great to see your choice of books. I'm not sure I'd have chosen the same, but that's the nice thing about these lists - it makes you go back to books and think about them again.

Dominique Goh said...

Lovely list of books.. have to check them out for my kids.

VBR said...

Childrens' books. One of my absolute favorite things! Love them. Love them lots.
I see Black Dog on your list. I have been back to B&N to look at this book several times. There is something about it...I think I may have to go check it out again and see if it is time to add it to my collection, my horde, my treasure chest, mine mine mine!

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

I have a new grandson, so thanks for sharing this list...very extensive...I love it.
Laurie

Jenny said...

What a Grand list of good books!

I know several of these, but others are new!

My Grandlittles adore reading so I'm going to check these out!

Thanks for linking.

A+

Pat Zietlow Miller said...

You've got a lot of my favorites on your list. Especially A LEAF CAN BE. And now I have more to read, like HANGING ON JEFFERSON'S NOSE. Thanks!

Storied Cities said...

What a great list. I haven't been able to get a copy of Knight Night yet, but I'm looking forward to reading it.

Karoline said...

My girls absolutely loved It's A Tiger. I read it to my older daughter's kindergarten class and they got a HUGE kick out of it too. Such a fun book. I'm going to check out some of the others on your list!