Monday, November 26, 2012

Review #119: Frog and Toad Together


It's that time of year again... The 2nd Annual 90-Second Newbery Festival is right around the corner!  Each year kids across the land are invited to make short video versions of their favorite Newbery winners, and this year the Z-Kids were eager to have another go at it.

You might know that one of Arnold Lobel's Frog and Toad books won a Caldecott Honor for illustration.  But did you know that a different one received the Newbery Honor for story?

We're excited to present our Frog and Toad Fan Film, performed by Isaac (14), Gracie (12), Lily (9), Elijah (7), and Evie (4)...





To watch it larger, you can click here...

If you'd like to see a behind-the-scenes "Making Of" video, click here...

If you'd like to hear Isaac's original free-styling harmonica score, click here...

If you'd like to watch all of our 90-Second Newbery entries, click here...

Author/Illustrator: Arnold Lobel
Published, 1979: HarperCollins
Like it?  Here it is

21 comments:

Zoe said...

SO so good to see you back here on the blog :) And oh my goodness, so much to love in this post. Thank you!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

LOVE Frog and Toad! LOVE this video!

James Kennedy said...

This is masterful, Aaron! We're going to show this as the very first video at the 90-Second Newbery Film Festival screening in New York this Sunday!

Diandra Mae said...

Oh, the talent, the voices, the thrills! What a great job your wookies did, Aaron! (Frog & Toad are favorites around here too)

rockinlibrarian said...

I had to work very hard to refrain from bursting into applause at the end of that. Bravo!

April said...

that was the funniest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn E. Hazen said...

Oh my gosh, love it! that sure made me smile.
So much talent to love.
Great job all around!

Annesphamily said...

It appears I am not alone as I am smiling! Thank you for the share and have a terrific weekend.

ElizT said...

Brilliant!

Julie said...

LOVE! And great harmonica-playing.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job they did! I always loved the Frog and Toad books.

EG CameraGirl said...

The video was tons of fun to view. Thank you!

Dominique Goh said...

Love the video. Remember reading such stories when I was younger.

Lynn said...

Love it! So fun. Fantastic voices, great dramatic timing and loved the harmonica soundtrack too!

SarahBeth said...

We started with Wind in the Willows and went on from there! My kids loved the Frog and Toad books! I loved the puppet show -- you have very talented children!

st said...

Oh my boys loved Frog and Toad! Great literature. I'm sorry they've outgrown them. though I tihnk they'd still listen if I were to pull one of them off the shelf if only for old times sake.

Esther Joy said...

Love Frog and Toad! Y'all did good!

Jenny said...

This has always been one of my kids favorite books!

I need to introduce it to my Grandlittles and see if they are as enchanted!

Thanks for a fun reminder of some good reads!

A+

Joanna said...

I am a FROG AND TOAD fan! This video is just awesomeness!

Madigan Mirza said...

I'm in tears! This was AMAZING!

"I am not afraid! I am not afraid!"

I loved every minute. Brilliant harmonica, also.

Thank you so much for your creativity and fun-spirit.

Nina Crittenden said...

You guys are just too clever. Love it!